Civil and Industrial Construction Engineers
Master Build team is expanding!
We are looking for civil and industrial construction engineers with minimum of 3 years of experience, who want to work in a professional and high performing environment, in which to carry out the tasks in a responsible manner! Metal structures building experience constitutes an advantage.
If you meet the above criteria and want to enhance your performance with Master Build, send your resume by clicking below.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Prepare or present public reports, such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, and property and right-of-way descriptions.
- Test soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
- Degree courses that provide a year in industry can also be very helpful in developing contacts. The engineering world is an active community, which provides a variety of opportunities for new entrants to network and build on their knowledge of the industry
- Proven working experience in civil engineering
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD,Civil 3D or similar
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals etc
- Project management and supervision skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Licence of professional engineer
- BS/MA in Civil Engineering
Civil engineers work in offices and on building sites. When they are on buildings sites, they may experience all types of weather conditions. They work on projects throughout Western Australia, from building new skyscrapers in Perth, to designing systems to transport and store water at remote minesites in regional areas. Civil engineers generally work regular office hours, however, they may be required to work evenings and weekends to meet deadlines. Some civil engineers also work on call, in case of emergencies, such as a burst water or gas pipe.